January 17, 2014

Random digital finds

Spent an evening cleaning out some old pics and dated reference for completed works. In going through old and abandoned files I found this dust covered concept sketch.

And since I missed the last two weekends Ill give a little extra.
Here's one for last week: 2013 book



And one more the week before that: 2013 book



And still more. From the directors cut edition. Disc 2 - bonus features.
What?! what kind of bonus is this S?! It's just crappy scribbles.
HEY HEY That's mah son your whining about there. Cut the kid a break he just turned two. What were you doing at two? Probably shoving crayons up your nose the same.
OH so now your gonna annoy us with pics from your dumb kid. lame!
Isn't it tho... Besides I fully intend to pageant-mom out on him. I will make him the mega artist I can never become and live vicariously through his many triumphs!
  • FIX THAT COMPOSITION!! 
  • YOU CALL THAT DISFIGURED MESS "ANATOMY"! 
  • LOOK AT THOSE STIFF FIGURES! YOUR DRAWING LIFE, NOT G D DEPARTMENT STORE MANIKINS!
  • MAKE IT MORE DYNAMIC BOY! OR NO FOOD FOR A WEEK. I DON'T CARE IF YOUR ONLY 86 POUNDS! I'D LOVE TO BE 86 POUNDS!
  • I CAN PISS BETTER COLOR HARMONY THAN THAT!!

See I've been practicing.

He watches his dad draw a lot for work and I spend a lot of time coloring with him. I think because of this he's already figured out a good facsimile of an adult grip on his crayons. His big obsession is drawing eyes. Theoretically because they were his first learned body part and practically his first word. So he'll fill page after page with circles hugging dots in the center. We know for a fact he's drawing eyes because, after he draws one he points to it and says "eyesss" or point to one of ours.
He poked the crap out of my eye one day. I was so engrossed in coloring a page from his "cut the rope" coloring book I wasn't paying any attention to anything in the outside world. Then *POW* A flash of stars and pain goes off in one eye. And the little S had the nerve to laugh at my anguished cry.

In the evenings his dad will draw with him. I suppose he'd been pretty content with drawing circular eyes. Till daddy blew the lid off his little baby world by drawing two almond shaped eyes *jazz hands*. He inspected them for a moment then began copying. over and over. Trying to get that shape under his belt.

You can see that he also has a habit of making a circle then scribbling it in. He colors in any eye he sees. Be it something we drew or in any of his coloring books. They're what he'll go for first. If Hollywood ever needs someone to make creepy psychopath notebooks or scribbling this is the kid to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment